Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tragus Piercing Experience

So I've wanted my tragus done since before I got my cartilage piercing but my mom would never let me get it because she thought it was "gross." A little while ago I asked her if I could finally get it because I had the money to pay for it on my own and she said "Just wait until you're 18, then you can do whatever you want." So I waited a little bit longer until one of my friends from school texted me one night and was asking me all these questions about my cartilage piercing. Just giving her advice made me want my tragus even more. So I asked my mom that night AGAIN if I could get it pierced and she said "We'll talk about it." Without even talking about it, we went to the mall the next day and I talked her into letting me get it done. I wasn't nervous until I stepped into BJP at the South Hill Mall and then I felt sick to my stomach. I have always heard that the tragus is the most painful to get pierced but I was only comparing the pain to my cartilage which didn't hurt much for me at all. Long story short, the tragus piercing was definitely my most painful. I've had three lobe piercings in each ear, a cartilage in my right ear, and my lip and the tragus hurt the worst. A lot of people say they can hear a "pop" when the needle goes through but I wasn't really concentrating on listening to the pop, I just wanted to make it out of there consciously. The initial poke hurt badly enough, but the transfer of the jewelry hurt even more. My mom was watching and said there was a lot of blood, which tends to happen with facial/ear piercings but I didn't feel it dripping or anything, which helped ease my mind a lot. The piercing is still sore; I can't sleep on it, put headphones in, or even put the phone up to my ear without irritating it a little bit. I've been cleaning it religiously with salt water spray because I'm even more so afraid of infection since experiencing it with my lip piercing. I'm really happy with my tragus piercing and even though it hurt a lot, I'm really glad I finally did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment